View Single Post
(#149 (permalink))
Old
yumyumtimtam (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
I can't remember what my parents used to say. Probably something pretty normal actually like "Go put Pooh away now," or something. haha, only I had a penguin, not a Pooh bear.
cute! a penguin?
my favuorite one was a cat, but I remember I used to pad all the stuffed toys and dolls I had before going to bed, cos I didn't want any of them to think "I wasn't chosen, she didn't like me".
Do you call them(ぬいぐるみ) stuffed toys?
Quote:
haha, that's true, i hadn't thought of that. But when Japanese people say it, it just sounds kind of cute, not really babyish. Though it's a little bit odd to hear an ojisan use it!
hahaha! now in my head, a group of おじさん keep saying it and bowing each other.

Quote:
Yes, Gee-gee is pronounced G-G. PJ's is pretty common amongst all ages, but for some reason, Pajamas aren't too popular any more. I guess because everyone has central heating, they don't like wearing as much as pajamas to sleep. Or they'd rather not have to buy pajamas, so just wear old t-shirts and tracksuit trousers or something. Lots of guys don't wear anything at all!
I think it's almost the same here.
but as you know there are many places you can find very かわいい pjs for girls at the reasonable prices like 1000-2000yen... so I know many girls have a lot of them, like they buy a new one almost monthly.
I have a few cute ones, but they were from my sister who is very girly girl loves flowers and frills and all that, so actually they are too cute for me but I wear them anyway. I basically like those guys who don't care what to wear to sleep and sometimes wearing nothing especially when I get drunk in summer hahaha.

Quote:
Koalas in our house were always called 'kuggie bears'. 'kug' was local slang for 'hug' or 'cuddle', and koalas always look like they're hugging the trees, so 'kuggie bears!"
how cute... you know what's in my head now?
the group of おじさん all left (they had to go home, cos their angry wives told them to come home), then now a cute kuggie bear wearing a "huggies",
is hugging a tree!
Quote:
oh wow! does it mean 'to close' or something? ガッチャン sounds like a door closing or something.
yep! our door was very heavy and we had to push a little bit hard to close it properly, so we call it がっちゃんする.

columbine ちゃん
I am writing this at an internet cafe in 青森.
I have been travelling north part of Japan for 7days now.
Have you been 北海道 or 青森?

I enjoy it too much and don't want to go home.
Sometimes it's hard to understand what 青森people are saying, cos their 津軽弁 but it sounds nice and soft which I really like it.

When I travell, I enjoy meeting local people, sometimes I have to try a little hard to break the ice (well there is no ice cos basically they don't have to talk to me...but anyway), but here in 青森 and 函館... they are very easy to talk to.

I met a lovely lady on a tram in Hakodate.
I was looking at a little map to check where to get off, and the lady in her 60s sitting next to me said 「ちょっとお節介してもいいかしら?ご旅行?どこにい らっしゃるの?」
and we started talking...then she got off at the same stop with me, and silly me walking the wrong direction, so she came to grabbed my hand and said 『そっちじゃないわよ こっち こっち。おばさ  用事がなかったら一緒にまわってあげるんだけどね 』

and yesterday, I asked a lady in the late 60's or early 70s, the direction, but ended up she asking me if I was interested in meeting a man who work for the phone company in Sendai who is a son of her friend. She wasn't joking!
Did I look so needy!? Maybe

I will come back to your intersting rabbit story next time

Have a good day