Thread: Introductions
View Single Post
(#509 (permalink))
Old
maheanuu (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to maheanuu
IaOrana Ia Oe - 08-29-2010, 10:05 PM

Hello to all of you, from the island of Raiatea in French Polynesia. When I was younger, I spend quite a long time in Japan stationed there in the US Navy. I was stationed in Sasebo, Iwakuni, Yokosuka and spent the better part of 14 years in a country that I very much grew to love.

I was very lucky that I never was required to live on the bases, I managed to live on the economy and found the Japanese to be kind, gracious to a fault, and polite to the extreme. I came to love your music, art and culture and to this day I still look back on my time in Japan with very fond memories.

I am here today looking for information about things Japanese that I saw during the 50's and 60's on your television programming especially the old music shows and the singers who performed in them... I remember the movies during the 50s and 60s in the older theaters almost all of them in black and white and all old Samurai movies...

I will be asking questions in the music section or wherever I can find out about some of the older singers and pop music of those years..

I hope that one day I will again be able to visit your wonderful country, but in the meantime, for any of you headed to French Polynesia, you will find me on the island of Raiatea if you happen to pass here

Aroha