View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Dmentor (Offline)
New to JF

Japan bound next month - a couple of questions - 09-13-2010, 12:26 PM

Hi all! I just got my WHV for Japan and should arrive in the lovely city of Fukuoka late October. I wonder if anybody can aid my search for medium term accomodation. Im looking to spend at least two months in Fukuoka and primarily want an apartment by myself, but will consider sharing if i cant find a decent apartment or cant find one in my price range (65000 to 70000 yen a month max inclusive of utilities). Does anybody have details of accomodation agencies that serve that region. I have already viewed some apartments on the Leopalace website and they seem reasonable however they seem to show the monthly rent on a chintai contract.

Also for those who came to Japan without a job that secures acoomodation for you, did you find it better to sort out accomodation before you hit Japan or more beneficial to come to Japan, stay in a hotel/hostel for a couple of days and search for a place Nippon side?

I have another question about mobile phones. Is it possible to purchase a prepaid sim or can you only rent one? A search on google seem to indicate that renting is the only way.

My third and final question is about jobs. What are typical Working Holiday Visa jobs and is it better to apply abroad or when i actually hit Japan ?

Apologies if these kinda questions have been asked before, thank you for reading and any feedback will be appreciated