Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-14-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumyumtimtam View Post

Cool. bananas.
I'm getting hungry already.

What does this " bananas " mean?
It's not "Cool. Bananas" but "Cool bananas". Sometimes you hear people say "cool beans" as well. It doesn't really have anything to do with bananas or beans, it's just a fun way of saying "Cool" or "Ok, that's good".

Quote:
How's their dialect like?
It's like this: YouTube - Speaking dialect
The north of England was heavily influenced by people from Scandinavia, especially Norway, so lots of words and pronunciations are still loosely based on the Old Norse language. Also several places in the far north used to speak celtic languages, not english.

Quote:
Yes, many Japanese people, especially girls know of Peter Rabbit. You can see the rabbits on bottles of mayonnaise here in Japan

Does also Hastings have something to do with the author?
I remember I found a lovely wooden building full of Peter Rabbit and his friends! I bought a set of writing paper there.
I don't think she ever lived in Hastings; she was born in London originally. You must have been to the museum. We didn't go, but we saw her house and the art gallery.

Quote:
hahaha! A friend of my friends was called おだ まき ちゃん you must be her!
:P maybe~~ maybe not!
I haven't seen Summer Wars yet. I'm going to see if I can find a copy though. I really want to watch it!

Quote:
oh what a coincidence! 私は先月日本に旅行に行きました!

Do you sometimes talk to them too? I mean not like a mad person, but....
I would say " sorry! " if I accidentally dropped it or something.
I don't like to see people throwing or kicking them...
maybe I'm too naive but maybe because there is a face on it...
Yes, I used to talk to my toys sometimes too! More often I'd talk, but pretend it was the toys talking to each other though.

Quote:
I see. so I can say like to the kid " Where is your toy bear? " or " You have a cute toy tutle. "
Yes, that's correct.

Quote:
I love to hear some of your original onomatopoeic words!
I do it when I want to explain about the unusual stuff.
Thats how I use them too. Or just for fun Like I'll say to someone I'm shooing out the room, "Go on, skiddle-skiddle!" or "Squiddle-on" meaning to move quickly in small movements, like how a toddler runs. Or I'll say something has "plammy" feet, meaning big flat feet. Ducks have plammy feet. Puppies have plammy feet that sound like "plam-plam-plam" when they run. ^_^
So never anything serious!

Quote:
はい、もちろんWWOOF知ってますよ!メンバーではありま んが、私にはバックパッカーの友達がたくさんいるの よく話を聞きます。
はい、私も北海道には短期間ではなく長期間の旅をした いと思います!
私の親戚が函館に住んでいます。

I will come back to talk about the Peter Rabbit and your 茶色い熊みたいな寮のおとうさん later!)
私の友達も北海道や山形に色々な所でWWOOFをしました。 島にある農場はとうじきを作っていました。そして、 の友達もとうじきの作る方を勉強しました。
すごいですね!