(#2 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
09-24-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
One recent expression that surprises me is that when asking some one how they are? they will often say "GOOD>" Now === we always would have answered "I'm fine thanks." or "Not too bad thankyou--------why GOOD? surely "Good" means ones Behaviour.

Maybe some young members can fill me in with some modern expressions of which I am ignorant. I have six gr. children but they Have their own language ha ha.
Ha ha, that's very amusing. I'm about 20, so I consider myself somewhere in between. "Good", in this case, I think refers to one's circumstances or situation or state or condition, etc.

I'd say some disciplines in the English language are indefinite and relative, but there are certain irrefutable constants throughout, although I'm not quite sure for how long they'll remain irrefutable myself.

Personally, I, too, tend to use these new lingo or slangs on a normal basis, but I try to stick with the formalities when the occasion calls for it. I feel that's what most youths would do, anyway.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.