(#9 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
09-27-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
I couldn't help but notice that you mentioned overpopulation was a concern, among other things such as butting in on the teachers already there.

Let me say this, even if it's already been said:

Currently, Japan is in a rather turbulent period. With the dropping birthrates and mass of elderly people, the population is thinning out and will be on a steep decline if action isn't taken. The Japanese government is trying to solve this by stocking up on people, so-to-speak. This means that exchange students, foreign teachers, workers and the likes will be in more demand.

Not only are they searching for ways to solve their population problem, but Japan is in the middle of a major business transition. As of recent, many Japanese companies are prodding their employees to become proficient in English due to the practical implications in the business world - seeing as how English is pretty much an international language.

You should do quite well if you exploit these points.

You'll be fine; just watch out for the abundant discrimination/disposition of the populace - so I hear.
Thanks Swordmaster. I've also heard about discrimination, especially in the country. However, I'm still looking forward to studying abroad next semester, and hopefully I can check it out for myself while I'm there. I appreciate the advice!