(#11 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
09-28-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinRossTso View Post

I might plan to stay in Japan if I like it there (or if I find a band). There is a Japanese proficiency test no? How fluent would you think you'd have to be with Japanese to pass it?
For a temporary stay of up to two years, you do not need to speak Japanese. And, since you aren't born in Japan, you cant' really stay for longer unless your visa is renewed by a business or school. Plenty of non-Japanese speakers temp live in Japan, my friend's one. She teaches English, and she's learning Japanese too (she has to!)

So yeah, study abroad is pretty easy, actually, if your college has a program. If not, there are plenty Japanese language programs overseas that house students and teach them for a couple months. Plan tickets are only around $1,300 round trip. The catch, you'll have to research them. Japanese Universities also have Japanese programs, but the board is more expensive.

P.S. if you have any problems with Japanese grammar, I can help you out! I'm also learning Japanese, on my 4th year!