View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2010, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
The Kempetai where the "thought police", and they had the power of life or death over any citizen who they deemed to be "unpatriotic". They were also the chief inquisitors and torturers of the IJA, and many civilians and allied prisoners of war were "questioned" by them. Although the Japanese government has apologized many times for the atrocities committed in foreign countries during the war, they have spoken very little about the atrocities committed against their own people.
Well, I asked the OP what his/her source was, because in my understanding, the number of people who died in jail as political criminal were more like 1500 not 35,000, and then he/she just shut up. I presented the list of apologies which turned out to be dozens despite the claim of some posters that Japan never apologized or only did it once, and they never came back. Now I ask you. Do you even understand what kenpeitai=憲兵隊 means? It just means military police. The United States today has 憲兵隊. What is the basis for your claim that 憲兵隊 had the power of life or death over any citizen? Please present your source. Honestly you are sounding like the people who claim the US never went to the moon and they faked the video.

Japan was not a perfect country and there were a lot of oppressions. I agree with that. But the coloreds were down right SLAVES in the states not long before WW2. I would like to know why you are so worked up with Japanese while most western countries were not that much better, if at all at least to the colored people, back then.

Britain, the United States, Portugal, Romania voted AGAINST "Racial Equality Proposal" that was presented in the League of Nations, which was the equivalent of the United Nations in the pre WW2 era. To their credit, France, Italy, Brazil, Greece, Serbia, Czechoslovakia and China voted for it, but the proposal was declined and it was still allowed to keep treating coloreds as second class citizens, if not slaves. When will the UK and the US remember that?

Last edited by cranks : 10-14-2010 at 05:33 AM.