View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
fujikuro2 (Offline)
New to JF

10-16-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
To be perfectly honest, I think five days in Tokyo is more than enough to see what is really interesting.
Tokyo isn't nearly as big as people think it is, so to limit yourself when visiting an isolated island county seems, to me, to be a little of a waste.
OP might refer to Greater Tokyo Area.If so,I think two weeks is not so long.
I might be wrong,but people from Australia come to Japan more lightly than people from the US and EU.So,this time Tokyo,next time Kansai is not so strange plan for OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I can't tell you what to do, but if you are going to Tokyo for the food, you are making a little bit of a mistake. If someone wants to tell me I am wrong, I am open to arguments.
I don't think you are wrong.And going to Tokyo for the food is not a mistake too.Tokyo is richer than Kansai in diversity(rest of the world and Japan,from Hokkaido to Okinawa).Even Kansai style food is available in Tokyo,though they might be mediocre.If OP is in love with Kansai style,she should go Kansai.If she is in love with Soba noodle and soy source taste,going to Kansai is a waste.

@OP
I personally like Kagurazaka.Kagurazaka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But it is my taste.
You have enough time in Tokyo.Walk around the streets and find something wired for you!