View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-24-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvan View Post
i know that the hiragana are in the link i provided, BUT for newbees it's very difficult to see the link between the words in hiragana and the kanji characters. I'm sure a lot of newbees will agree. It's very helpful to have the translations word by wordu
If you're having trouble matching the kanji to the hiragana, then I have to ask, do you know what particles are? Are you learning words before trying to read, or after? If you can recognise the particles in a sentence, then it should be obvious where a word ends in a hiragana sentence, and easy to match it to the kanji.

EG: にちようびとしょかんにほんごべんきょうします

VS:日曜日図書館日本語勉強します

I've highlighted which hiragana are the same. The characters that differ, IE the hiragana that are 'missing' from the kanji sentence, directly correlate to the kanji. so if you know that にis the particle, then にちようび is obviously 日曜日。and so forth.

you can use rikai.com or kantango.com to look up the words you don't know, but this way won't really teach you grammar, so make sure you read up on what the different particles and verb endings mean. You could use Tae Kim's online grammar for this.