View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-26-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldb88 View Post
Thank you for your input. Have you noticed which embassies give you a better chance? I am closest to the one in Chicago, but I would be willing to go to Nashville, etc. if I had a better chance.

Did you find it hard to find a job once you returned?

Also, would it be better to try to find an ALT position outside of JET? I will be graduating in December, so there would be a lot of time between. Of course, I would get a job during that time, but I'm not sure if it would look bad to quit 6 months into your first (non-internship) job. Is it possible to find an ALT position starting in January?
I hear Anchorage is easier.

The world is a different place now compared to when I finished JET. I don't know if it will be hard to find a job or not.

You will be hard pressed to find a better job then JET as an ALT. Sure, get the other job, and if you get the JET job, then quit, and if you don't stick with it. Just don't sign any long term contracts. What I mean is, if you get a job at a convenience store, it's no big deal. If you get a job as a teacher, it is a big deal to quit in the middle of a contract.