View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KyokoUK (Offline)
Loving KuranUSA

Send a message via MSN to KyokoUK Send a message via Yahoo to KyokoUK Send a message via Skype™ to KyokoUK
11-14-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
Maybe I have been lucky, cuz I have not met that many that were super annoying. I just thought they were regular dorks, of a slightly different variety.
I think you got right to the point there, they're just regular dorks. I love Japan because its part of my family's culture. Having been born a few generations after my great grandparents "went west" I find myself just a plain old English girl with almond eyes and I don't want to be only that, I want to study my culture and language and perhaps some day, travel to Japan on holiday. If those "dorks" want to really identify with "us" then let them identify with our Japanese, racist movement that perverted Shinto and helped make us the bad guys back in world war II. Let them identify with being rounded up and put into detention centers in the west during that time just for being Americans or Englishmen with the racial heritage of "The Enemy." Let them identify with our victims of the first atomic war in the history of the planet. Let them go to Japan and visit the OUR "ground zero's" which are much older and took more lives that hundreds of trade centers (and I'm not casting dispersion on that event what so ever, just making a comparison.) I could go on but I will only use these illustrations. Japan and Japanese culture is much more than anime, J-pop (which I love) or making "pilgrimages" to a wonderful country and lovely people which is NOT "The Holy Land" so enjoy Japan all you want to but for goodness sake, have a life also.

I Defied My Brain And Learned For Myself That Wheelchairs Are Not Always Forever...Music Was A Large Part Of My Healing...Let Music Heal Your Soul.