View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-14-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Weeaboos in Japan would be embarassing, awful and potentially a lot worse, but I was going on the assumption that 99% of them will probably never make it and it'll be a fad that passes with time, haha.
Yeah, I mean high-schoolers, well who cares. High school kids get dumb and over-enthusiastic about everything; it's kind of the territory. The main problem with the fanatics who ~do~ get to Japan is that their often of the age where most people have toned it down or grown out of it.

It was incredible actually; about 600 foreign exchange students arrived in Japan, all complete strangers- by day 2 as if by magic, invisible social lines had been drawn- all the japanophiles had opted to live in the most expensive 'creature comfort' dorm D (western-style beds, private toilets etc) and went to cafeteria A at lunchtime and that is where they stayed- asides from certain classes and cycling past them all waiting for the bus, i almost never saw them again. Actually, that was amusing- the only japanese opinion i ever got on it was "They must be pretty clumsy- all the injured people seem to live there". and it was true! in one semester 6 or 7 managed to bust an ankle or toe or something- they all lived in that one dorm!