View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-14-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
I would have to disagree there Ronin. There is a difference between normal folk, and weabos. The term weabo is mostly used for the type that live in the fantasy world, thinking Japan is this utopia, where everyone is in love with anime, and that life there is this dream come true. People who believe that, have the title thrown at them.

I can't recall once, where I've said to someone "I'm interested in Japanese culture, and it's history, as well as other parts like the music." and been called weabo in return.

Perhaps that's just me.
That's a whole different story dude, that's kinda like racism, lemme explain.

I have two different friends groups, one group enjoys Japan (not weaboo style), the other group couldn't care less about Japan. Some friends in this group are even to the point where they hate everything that's Japanese, and diss Japanese people just for being Japanese, and people who love it (whereas they aren't racist in any other way, just specifically against Japan). I just think that's racism in a way, and it's retarded. I guess I just accept it because they're awesome people past that detail.

What I mean is that the people who called u a weeaboo just because u think Japan is interesting, are people like the ones I just described...

pz ! <3