View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
TheContract318 (Offline)
New to JF

11-16-2010, 08:33 PM

Personally I really like the game. I have only played the multiplayer so I will comment just on that. It is a lot of fun and it feels like a call of duty game. Here are my thoughts:

Good
-Weapon selection, lots of different options depending on what you use. Personally I like single shot weapons so I use the FAL.
-Perks, they are well balanced and I am glad they do not have an unlimited sprint perk like that did in MW2, which just set up for knife runners.
-Customization, you are able to completely personalize your experience, which is nice considering this is what call of duty was lacking. You can change your facepaint, customize your gun, and create a unique player logo.
-Theatre, it is nice to be able to save that game that you went 40 and 0 and show your friends later.

Bad
-The one major complaint I have with this game is the kill streaks, although some of them are kind of kool (attack dogs) others seem tacky and lack really any use. The RC cars are an annoyance and really take away from the experience of war. There also seems to be no use for a SAM anti aircraft kill streak when there are so many better alternatives.
-there also seems to be some inconsistency with the knife. The range seems to be further than in previous games, however many times you will not get the lunge you need to get the kill. It may be my inexperience, but it overall feels less natural than it did in previous games.

These are my thoughts, however there are a lot of other new things that I haven't mentioned that really make this game great. Like it or not, Treyarch is the only true COD developer now, and this game proved that they can contend with the Modern Warfare titles. It has a fun multiplayer experience, and from what I hear the single player is great. The Zombie mode is also hella fun if you can find 3 other friends to cover your back.