View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-13-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
I actually buy the manga in it's original Japanese first if there's no English translation, and if it has been translated then I buy the book, so I'm not being illegal.
If you download or stream scanlations, it's illegal. It doesn't matter if you have bought the original in Japanese or not.

I respect those that do buy the original Japanese (how do you do it?) but just be clear that using scanlations is illegal regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
So what worries me is that once I've bought all my manga in it's original Japanese, if scanlation sites go down it will be many years before I learn the Japanese needed to understand it, especially with all the slang in manga.

Are there any sites out there that sort of... do JUST the translating and put the English scrips online rather than scanlating the entire page and thus putting it at risk of being shut down?

It really worries me that I may never be able to finish my Japanese mangas because of lack of translation.
Sorry, I can't help you with this question, but how much manga have you bought in the original Japanese?