(#13 (permalink))
Old
inuzuki8605 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to inuzuki8605 Send a message via Skype™ to inuzuki8605
12-17-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
Your child is your child for ever-- not just for a few years.
A child is a man's child forever as well. They should have a part in caring for them in more than finances. I love nothing more than to see a man playing with and being a true father to his children, not just someone that provides money but the child never sees.

I understand that, in some families, this can't be helped. But I kind of have a problem with this statement because it's implying that, because Suki wants a career, she is going to just have her kids and then dumb them "when her job is over" when they are 18 years old.... I don't think that is what she is saying at all. Women have suffered and died for the ability to work and act independently of "The Head of the Household" and get an education that can be used outside of the home. Have a say in their lives, sort of speak.

I think Suki, and she can correct me if I'm wrong, is only stressing the importance of respecting those women who worked so hard to our privileges today, instead of saying that it is "smarter" to just stay home and kick your feet up, which, in my last post, I explained how this plan can go wrong.

A New Face