View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

12-24-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
I don't recommend Japanese universities tom anyone who is serious about their education. Japanese "universities" are mainly training facilities for future salary workers, and as such, you aren't likely to learn much by attending one.

There is painfully little real class work to do, and lectures are not interactive. University students in Japan come to class more or less when they feel like it; university years are actually considered a holiday of sorts, and these years are usually spent traveling or hanging out with friends rather than being spent in class.

You are better off studying at an American university.
Go ahead. Keep insulting the country you live in, the very country that gave just another ex-military man a chance to become a teacher and make something of his life. You are one of the reasons I try not to read too many threads here and stay in the language threads, where people like you and GoNative won't even think about coming near.

The narrow-minded and biased way you continually appear to be actually makes me relieved that I received all my education in Japan. Try saying what you have been saying here to your GF's family for once, such as how everything in Japan sucks and how you're in complete support of the A-bombings. I'll even volunteer to be your interpreter.