(#15 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Time spent wasted doting things like rejection only causes for missed opportunities later on down the road. I know that sounds like some kind of fortune cookie but in all honestly that's the way I try to live. If I get rejected from something then I can at least say that I tried, which is more than what most people can say. Then I pick myself up, learn from my mistakes, and try again. It's why I normally get what I want.

Agreed! The only rational and effective way to deal with rejection is to make an honest effort to understand the reason for being rejected (the real one; not the one it feels like) and accept it or start working on changing that part of you. Whining, making excuses, blaming others are all total wastes of time and energy.

I learned this very early in life, as I had to make new friends every couple of years because of my family moving (military). Try starting at a 10 new schools before graduating from 12 grade!!! The new kid is ALWAYS rejected by almost everyone for while.

Learning this also frees you from self-imposed guilt over rejecting someone/something else.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.