View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-03-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
But it was only an opinion piece. You know that. He cited documents but hasn't shown them. It doesn't appear these documents are inaccessible to the public and frankly I would assume if there was absolute damning evidence of the US then better jouranlists than Pilger would have picked up on it far earlier. He only strung together a nice little story to support his views but it has no real substance in my opinion. Happy to be convinced otherwise, hell I'm no lover of the great US of A but that little opinion piece by Pilger didn't convince me in the slightest.
But other journalists have touched the subject. I don't know that there are many journalists better than him but there was a piece in the Huffington Post which is an AMERICAN online newspaper about it last year for example. Also the reason why it's an opinion piece is because none of this is new and is supposed to shed light on an erroneous viewpoint which is shared by the mainstream.

Not to mention that others from Albert Einstein to Noam Chomsky to even the top generals at the time questioned the need for the bomb.

Anyway.. if you're interested in taking this head on then by all means I'll be willing to do so in the other thread.