View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
cupofwater (Offline)
New to JF

regular is fine too - 01-08-2011, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You don't need a teaching certificate to teach in Japan. You just need to be hired by a school or program, and chances are they will take care of the living arrangements for you.

I think an apartment would be much cheaper then living in a hostel. Why are you looking for a "tiny, tiny apartment"? Why not get a normal apartment?

Just curious, why the Japanese major?
Hi MMM,

well I was figuring if I didn't for some reason like thier living arrangments, it woud be best to familiarize myself with the alternatives. I thought in some worse case scenario, if I didn't have enough money for a regular place, I'd be willing to live in a tinier one. I'm not big to begin with, so I'm willing to make sacrifices in order to have a little more in the future . But I guess if its affordable, I can handle an average place too!

also, I got the japanese major because( like everyone else) I was fascinated by the culture, and just really came to love being able to read japanese! I never really knew what I would do with it, but the one semester I got to go there didn't seem like enough. I need a longer time to get some sense of closure, ya know.(plus, I didn't put all my eggs in one basket. I had a double major in film, and have luckilly been getting by freelancing on that).