View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
tanabear1993 (Offline)
New to JF

My many questions about Japan - 02-21-2011, 01:23 AM

Ok, so it's my dream to live in Japan. It has been for a while. I can't tell you how many books I own about Japanese culture. I'm 17 and a junior in high school. After I graduate, I want t move there as soon as possible. Of course, this depends on whether or not I have enough money at that time. I have been saving up for a while now, but still need quite a bit.
I want to do some type of work abroad type program. I don't want to do the kind that makes you comeback after a year or so. I just want to stay there. I don't expect to go there and get rich, like some people do. Enough money to just live off of is plenty for me. I was thinking of something like just working in a random store or food service place.
Also, I know a lot of the people who are on this website live in Tokyo or somewhere around there. But I want to live in Kyoto, hopefully Higashiyama. I really love the old Japanese culture that is still alive there.
So here are my questions:
1. Which type of work visa do you think I would need? I have done some research, but it confuses me a little.
2. Do you know of any work abroad websites that would allow me to find jobs without having to be part of a program?
3. Are foreigners welcome to live in Higashiyama? I know that foreigners travel there, but I don't know about living.

Also, if I worked at somebody's home would I need a working visa? I mean doing a homestay kind of thing.

Last edited by tanabear1993 : 02-21-2011 at 04:02 AM.