(#8 (permalink))
Old
PratikGizmo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to PratikGizmo Send a message via Yahoo to PratikGizmo
02-24-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
I've got one simple question to ask people around the world. As my recognition, nobody really did give a damn about Japan a decade ago. But recent few years people suddenly and pretty much simultaneously started asking me about Japanese fashion, music, manga, and many other cultures through SNS. Of course I'm glad that foreign people started liking us. But, I really don't get it. What caused this strange phenomenon? What made you pay attention to Japan?

Why japan??...well.. some how "japan" was embedded in my mind since i was a little kid ,...as far as i remember,,..when i was 10 yeas old ...i went to "Ajanta caves" with my family,..well.. i am an indian,..and live in india,..so we often go to ajanta,....well.. the funny thing i saw in ajanta..was that.. my parents,the tour guild,..and all the other grown up people were interested in these man-made holes within the mountain...it didnt take long for me to realize that i was not the only one..i saw a group of japanese kids there!..it was first time i ever saw japanese people....the interesting for me was that...thies kids had super Hi-tech! toys!! it was a weird game boy with camera in it..O_o!..i went a bit near to talk to those kids,well ya they were friendly and curious like me too,..all the kids had a camera,cell phones,..some weird game boys!....and i had a wooden toy car with a string on it..-_-"!..i really felt like a cave-man there!!..and the weird part was..that they loved my LAME wooden toy car..==". they all were well dressed..and I had kechup on my shirt ><.........this was when i was first interested in japanese people,..then after when i was 14 ...i saw amazing Digimon,Pokemon!&..CCS..on CN..thies anime's helped me to learn more about the japanese culture...and hey!..xD..the kids i saw in ajanta,..looked the same as the kinds from Digimon!. ..Japanese kids are So different from me .. .
....sorry if my reply was long..