View Single Post
(#30 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
I think so. I mean, not in the old sense of the actual code; dexterity in arms has fallen by the way-side but there are certainly decent guys out there who do the little things, young and old alike. I work part-time in a cafe, so i notice it a lot, especially getting down a narrow corridor with 2 doors and a heavy tea-tray. If you consider chivalry as the sum of it's parts; courage, generosity, valor, honour, justice, helping the weak and courtesy, then those things are still kicking about, and aren't bound by gender. Of course, finding them all in one person is a rarity.
I feel for you. I used to wait tables and I always appreciated the kind gestures from customers and staff alike. Okay i'm going to sound like a big head here but I do try and live upto the points you mentioned. It's funny, it's not how I was raised either so I think with me it's nature over nature. I did see a lot of woman hating so I think I rebelled it against it. Who knows?

You are right that it shouldn't be bound by gender too. Anyone can try to be courageous, generous, just, courteous and help the weak and I do think there are a lot of men and women out there who are like that.