View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
retrogamer (Offline)
New to JF

Japanese Characters on Pictures? - 03-08-2011, 03:37 PM

Hi I have some pictures that contain some Japanese gaming titles I think. I was going to try to upload the pictures to display the content and see if anyone out there knew what the writing meant in English.

I was given an idea to perhaps hook up a Japanese keyboard that I have I think from an older Japanese computer but I'm not sure if the input connection is suitable for a modern PC. It could be a PS2 connection and even if it was, they're kind of phasing out a bit in terms of more modern USB and wireless connections. I realise there are PS2 to USB adapters out there but I guess they maybe going out a bit as well. I also read on here I think about changing the language regions so to get Japanese text that way.

However this process could not only be too long and time consuming but also unsuccessful and with some mistakes. I mean no offense but Japanese text characters at least to me seem quite complicate and some seem to look similar. Again that's just me. It'd be nice to know Japanese as well as some Chinese but from that I suspect both Chinese text and especially spoken word can be very complicated and very easy to give the wrong meaning of what you are trying to say. I also actually had the idea of going to the local college and seeing if any Japanese students there may have been able to perhaps help me out.

Anyway I'll see if I can upload these pictures with the Japanese text. If anyone could help me with this or point me in the right direction I really would genuinely appreciate any help and assistance with this. I also hope I posted in the right section.

I realise I maybe jumping the gun here but if this isn't too much trouble I have a few more pics of more titles like the pics I've posted.

Thank you for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 x68k.jpg (77.9 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg 2 x68k.jpg (84.0 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by retrogamer : 03-08-2011 at 03:48 PM.