(#125 (permalink))
Old
VincentCross (Offline)
オタク

Send a message via Skype™ to VincentCross
03-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
It is hard to see the images on television of the disastrous tsunami in Miyagi-ken. I've spent time there in the past from Sendai to Mutsu Bay and it pains me to see the devastation. I don't know if having been there and other places in Japan makes me more empathic to this disaster because I am more connected to this than those in other countries. I hope it doesn't make me an insensitive person, but I do have this strange feeling. Has anyone experienced somewhat similar?

I will head back to Japan, and in my little bit of Japanese (romaji version-hey, still learning) I can say: Watashi wa nisen juni-nen ju-ichi gatsu ni hikoki de Nihon ni ikimasu.
And when I do go, I will make an effort to visit the area of Sendai and Mitushima to help the local economy as best I can. I was planning on going there to begin with, but now I have more determination to visit the area.

I do have a feeling the death toll will rival the Kanto earthquake in Kobe. I hope it doesn't get to those numbers, but I feel things look bad. I know the country will bounce back from this disaster and I hope it does so quickly and with the least amount of pain possible.
I feel your understanding. my family on some of my fathers side use to live in kasukabe and some right outside of Sendai. and considering my grandmothers vaca home in kasukabe still has a shrine to my grandpa there. makes me wondering if its OK. if anything happened to it i would feel very upset. also allot of my friends are in various areas of japan. so i worry for them. in retrospect it hurts to see areas that i use to visit as a little kid be destroyed.