View Single Post
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-12-2011, 02:32 AM

Massive earthquakes occurred yesterday.

Around 2:50 yesterday, a usual earthquake came. I changed the TV channel to NHK as usual. I always watch NHK when an earthquake occurs.
The breaking news appeared on the top of the TV screen, and that said a massive earthquake occurred.
Suddenly, black out came. The TV was turned out.
It was long-period oscillation, so I thought the seismic center was far from here.
I put my emergency belt bag on, took the radio and my cell phone, and went out of my house.
The ground kept shaking.
I’ve ever had many earthquakes here in Japan, but I’ve never had this big one.
I heard a warning sound of a car left in a parking lot keeping.
The neighbors came out of their house.
We thought our house might collapse.
I looked up power poles and lines to check if they fell down, as a passenger aircraft was going to west and it was not a usual path. I thought HANEDA airport must have been closed and the air plane changed its destination. My house is near the airport.
I got to know that the main source was in the Pacific near Tohoku area located east-north part in Japan.
I wanted to know if my family was safe, but the phone was not working.
I tried to email many times with my mobile, but I only succeeded only two times, and the battery was running out.
I regretted that I hadn’t bought a small power-generating equipment to charge up my phone.
The blackout finished about 9:30 last night.
Luckily, all of my family members were safe.
My house doesn’t have any problems now.
However, I see the TV showing incredible disaster of tunami.
They say the number of missing is over 1300.
Now I don’t know what I can do.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP