View Single Post
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-14-2011, 02:17 AM

Hi.
Could someone correct my English?

Three days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.

Three days have passed. We still have many afterquakes(aftershocks) here.
The Prime Minister of Japan announced that they are starting rolling blackout in the northern half of Japan last night, but they didn’t say what time it starts.
This morning, many commuters were surprised to learn many trains didn’t run. The people make long lines around stations in the capital region.
I checked the internet, and they say this rolling blackout will continue until the end of April, and maybe during summer.
I thought I needed a big bucket to flash the toilet because our toilet doesn’t work when blackout happens. So I went to a supermarket nearby.
There were so many people around the shop. I haven’t seen this. Too many people were in the supermarket, and so many people were walking there.
I think they start buying up food because they had learned many factories had stopped and expected food would be scares.
My first priority was not food, but a big bucket, so I changed direction, went to a small local hardware store. Since the shop is small enough, I believed there would not be too many people, and they would not have sold out buckets yet.
Bingo!
There were only several people buying small tanks. I was able to find a big bucket!
Now, one hour later, the blackout will start here.

Thank you!

Rolling blackout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP