View Single Post
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-15-2011, 04:21 AM

Hi.
Could someone correct my English?

Four days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.

Four days have passed since the Earthquakes occurred. Japan is the edge of a radioactive accident now. The leaking radioactivity level is increasing. I believe this is more serious than the earthquakes itself.

In addition, since most power plants stopped, the Government enforced the planned outrages, and the capital region is in total confusion.
Last night, Tokyo Electric Power Company didn’t announce when and where Today’s blackouts would be performed. At about 4 AM this morning, an earthquake happened as I woke up and turned on the TV to check the epicenter and the intensity, and I saw the TV showed the blackout would be from 6:20 AM to 10 AM in this area.
I wanted to know it earlier! Many other people and most railroad companies must have thought the same.
Many factories and trains stops due to this gross incompetence of Tokyo Electric Power Company.

At about 10 AM this morning, I went to a supermarket.
There were a long line of shoppers in front of the shop. The line ran around the corner. The numbers of people who enter the market were limited. We had to wait in line.
Batteries, flashlights, candles, portable gas stoves, small gas canisters, rice, pot noodles, bottled waters, milk, eggs, bread and some other things had been sold out already.
My first priority was cat food today, and I was able to buy three bags of them. I also bought some bacon and rice cakes in passing.
I got home, the blackout didn’t start yet, but then, a car of the city office was coming along the road beside my house announcing that the blackout would be from 11 AM to 1 PM. It was only five minutes to 11 AM.
I wanted to know it earlier, I thought again.
Tohoku Electric Power Company has been saying that there would not be radiation leakage any more, but the situation is getting worse. Are the Electric Power Companies knocking Japan down!?

Thank you.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP