View Single Post
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-15-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Notable revisions:

"Japan is at the edge of a radioactive accident now." -- preposition 'at' added to more fully imply the precarious situation in the sentence. Additionally the next two sentences were combined to introduce a concept and the writer's opinion of the concept.

"...didn’t announce when and where today’s blackouts would be happening." -- in the time frame of the sentence, the blackouts had not happened yet, so a verb tense that reflects a certain future action is required.

"There were a long line of shoppers in front of the shop that went around the corner." -- as before, two sentences sharing the same concept and observation were combined to increase readability.

"I also bought some bacon and rice cakes on impulse." -- 'on impulse' is a saying that describes an action done with no previous planning.
Koir, thanks!!
I haven’t been able to study something for four days because of this stress, and I haven’t studied your revisions yet, but I will do it in a few days!!!
I can just scrabble now. Please forgive me if I make a lot of same mistakes.

Quote:
Opinion:

Still seems to be quite unsettled there, Yuri. I share your annoyance and frustration, but I'm also thinking they're doing the best they can under unbelieveable stress and circumstances.

Keep safe and warm, Yuri. We're sending all the good wishes we can!
Thanks.
I will try to be patient.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP