View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

English teachers and there "off-campus" behavior - 04-15-2011, 10:16 AM

Hey all, I was going through threads/posts/blogs of different people. I found quite a number of people currently residing in Japan taking up some form of teaching profession. Some are even "professor" at universities and such

That said, i am wondering how these teacher behave outside of campus? The reason why I ask this is, in North America, there were cases where teacher who lost their job due to unpleasant behavior outside of school. Yes, its a free world, but as a teacher, there are certain image that one should uphold because the student look to them as a role model, and the world just expect that much more from these professions.

I ask this because I notice that some of these netizen's choice of word/topic/behavior just doesn't comes out to be a fit in the "role model" rank, and am wondering how does the current teacher felt about that and what about others....

MODS, feel free to move this to General Discussion... I thought there might be more english teacher roaming around this area, but General Discussion maybe a better fit