View Single Post
(#270 (permalink))
Old
student95 (Offline)
JF Regular

04-21-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
loveskyliemole;862244]I see... then I will use "dude". I have been always tomboyish whole my life. Do girls use other words among girl friends?

I remember that I was called like... "dear"(by an old lady) or "boddy"(from an Aussie university student)..."cutie"(by an drunk man)... and more, but I can't remember.... I liked to see how the adults call the little kids... possum...or some other animals' names they were using.
I don't recall the girls at my school using much slang words. (Personally, I don't use any female slang.) They might playfully tease each other sometimes, for example: Hey sexy! or Go girl! (cheering a female on in a game, usually when the opponent is a guy). Haha, some adults often use 'possum' when referring to their kids. It is very affectionate and possibly embarassing to the growing child.

Quote:
m(_ _)m (^_^)v
What do these two mean?

Quote:
like... "true blue" ?

I heard one boy said to me " I'm a true blue Aussie, cos my ancestor was a criminal and I'm proud of it."
Yeah. It means the same thing as 'true'.

Quote:
and can you help us there too?
We want to use the right English there, so if you find any English words and sentences that don't sound so good, please tell thuanpt He is the one editting!
I will try my best.

Quote:
Do you want to learn Japanese there too?
We can have a forum there for Japanese languages too!
(you know what? don't tell your teacher, but we could help your homework !!)
Thank you, that'd help me out lots =D!

Don't let pride get in the way of learning...there's always more to learn.

Last edited by student95 : 04-21-2011 at 06:24 AM.