View Single Post
(#103 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-28-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
And thats my point! It's one of the if not THE most boring movie ever made.. unfortunetly. It has no place there if you ask me and saying that it had such a huge impact doesn't change that the movie is so boring and almost unwatchable.
Bobby, I guess I would ask you what the definition of a "Top 10 Film of All Time" is.

2001: A Space Odyssey is a masterpiece of epic proportions, and may be Kubrick's best work.

It has every place as an esteemed film. It is a deep and fascinating movie that explores evolution, man's place in the universe, technology as a path to exploration, artificial intelligence and extraterrestrial life. Boring? Far from it.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended, when I say that Memories of Murder and U-Turn cannot get a foot in the door of a movie like 2001 or Apocalypse Now!.

Movies made simply for escape and entertainment are great, and they serve a purpose, but they are more like cotton candy than fine wine, they do not age well. The reason people still talk about 2001 and Apocalypse Now is that they are still good movies. That means they still hold up compared to movies coming out today.