View Single Post
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-05-2011, 08:01 AM

sorry I cannot separate the sections as you have done Yuri.

I don't think that we show off our vocabulary-- we usually react to specific situations.

Some People show off and give a very poor Impression of their country, especially after they have been drinking alcohol.

Not everyone is the same.

I would have thought it was only courteous when in another country, to be on ones best behaviour and try to fit in with others.

I take an interest in all those that I meet. One cannot say there is a fixed pattern of responses when meeting someone in the street or elsewhere.

usually large cities or Towns are rather anonymous, but in areas where its possible to see the same people many times when out shopping it is courteous to smile and say Hello. A smile can cheer a lonely person.
But obviously in large towns/cities there are too many people who are always rushing around intent on their own affairs or business. Cities can be such lonely places. London especially.

I find that if someone has just moved here from London, they can be very surprised to hear me say "Hello" to them, but nine times out of ten they will smile and reply with a shy Hello.

I have spent years living in the country and there is a big difference between townies and country folk. Where I live now is between town and seaside and country. Not large at all but only seven miles from Brighton which is a popular seaside resort.

Here we are all pretty friendly towards each other.

If I had a cold, I would avoid getting close to anybody, probably say excuse me and turn my head away. make sure I have a handdkerchief or plenty of tissues but try to avoid breathing over other people I would avoid close contact as I would not want to spread my cold

On a train--Its not easy is it? I think the Japanese way of wearing a mask could be a good idea here too.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 05-05-2011 at 08:09 AM.