View Single Post
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
05-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Question for you, Yuri, in relation to this. I've seen the phrase 'Ohayo Gozaimasu' used for 'Good morning', and thats shortened to 'Ohayo' for those you are close to, or familiar with. Is it the same with 'Oyasuminasai', shortening to 'Oyasumi'?

About your post, I see it as you are in Japan, so you have to folow their culture/etiquette. Greetings in Japan are fairly simple, I'd say. One for morning, one for afternoon, one for night, and a general 'hello'. I'd say English greetings are slightly more complex, especially amongst us young people. The common greeting nowadays is simply 'Alright?', translating to 'Are you Ok?' or 'How are you?'. Sometimes, 'Good morning' is shortened to 'morning'. 'Good afternoon' generally isn't bothered with here, either is 'Good evening'. I have to say, I prefer the Japanese way, as its more simple and straight to the point. Can't see people saying hello with 'Genki?'

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)