View Single Post
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-08-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
IMHO, a serious student like OP deserves much better teachers here ---- certainly not someone who doesn't even know what "active voice" or "passive voice" means in English grammar. Yes, I mean you, Professor Koir. Even I, a complete outsider to the English language, know that.
Free only goes so far, there's a reason English language schools are successful in Japan. Because you get what you pay for
I assume that when Yuri started this thread she didn't expect someone like me (who, for example, knows the difference between active and passive voices lol) to answer all her questions professionally, what she's getting from Koir is probably what she was (or should have been) expecting.

Please don't misunderstand me; I'm not trying to pretend that I'm too good to answer everyone's questions about the English language, it's simply that it's what I get paid to do for like 60 hours a week and I tend to enjoy the debates in this forum more than regurgitating what I had been doing all day long.

And Masaegu, you're right, the teachers here are far from good enough for what Yuri needs, I just doubt she expected better from 0y on an internet forum.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.