View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-14-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkshadie View Post
I'm a 21 year old girl from the US, and plan on travelling to Japan for a month in October with my best friend, but I can't really afford to live in a hotel for the month. I was leaning towards hostels which of course is always a cheaper option. But was wondering if there was a home-stay program that was available somewhere without needing to be in school, etc. We're going for the culture, and would love to be immersed as deeply as possible (and cheaply!), so was wondering if there was a program like that, or if anyone had any tips.

Arigato!
If you have 3 people going (I am assuming, you your best friend + someone you may get to know around this forum), you sould consider renting out a small apartment.. there are short term rents available, other users on the site can probably tell you more or just do a search

I don't know how much hostels cost, but i myself don't like that level of sharing spaces with strangers. How much does Hostels normally cost anyways? If you are willing to live further away (Not really even that far) from major cities, you maybe able to lodge in some really cheap and clean business hotel for about 40 per person per night...