View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-14-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
If you have 3 people going (I am assuming, you your best friend + someone you may get to know around this forum), you sould consider renting out a small apartment.. there are short term rents available, other users on the site can probably tell you more or just do a search

I don't know how much hostels cost, but i myself don't like that level of sharing spaces with strangers. How much does Hostels normally cost anyways? If you are willing to live further away (Not really even that far) from major cities, you maybe able to lodge in some really cheap and clean business hotel for about 40 per person per night...
I will take this opportunity to give on caveat on this idea. One thing I noticed with people moving into weekly mansions. hostels, business hotels, etc. for more than a few days at a time is that the amount of space given is too small to be comfortable. I thought my 6-jo one-room mansion was small, but it was paradise compared to the closet sized space given at some "short-term" rentals. I stayed the night at one friends weekly mansion for a weekend. It was supposedly designed for two people, but was smaller than my tiny solo apartment. By the end of the weekend we were on each other's nerves, just from forcibly invading each other's personal space. It was a unique situation, as neither of us knew we had "personal space" that could be invaded to such a level of annoyance.

I can't imagine wanting to share that level of cramped space with a stranger, much less a good friend. Proceed with caution.