View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-14-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I will take this opportunity to give on caveat on this idea. One thing I noticed with people moving into weekly mansions. hostels, business hotels, etc. for more than a few days at a time is that the amount of space given is too small to be comfortable. I thought my 6-jo one-room mansion was small, but it was paradise compared to the closet sized space given at some "short-term" rentals. I stayed the night at one friends weekly mansion for a weekend. It was supposedly designed for two people, but was smaller than my tiny solo apartment. By the end of the weekend we were on each other's nerves, just from forcibly invading each other's personal space. It was a unique situation, as neither of us knew we had "personal space" that could be invaded to such a level of annoyance.

I can't imagine wanting to share that level of cramped space with a stranger, much less a good friend. Proceed with caution.
I never tried those short term rental places, so I assumed that it will be better than a hostel, but from the sound of it, its definitely not...

Don't know, still like the idea of business hotels....

EDIT: I stayed at Yokohama Super Hotel with a friend of mine back in 2007. We paid about 9000 yen for a night there, so it average out to be 4500 yen... the place was really really clean, we have a queensize bed plus a bunk above it, its not the biggest room, but definitely one of the cleanest business hotel i've stayed at... have a look: https://hotel.reservation.jp/superho...rvationtop.asp

Last edited by godwine : 06-14-2011 at 07:47 PM.