View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-14-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I never tried those short term rental places, so I assumed that it will be better than a hostel, but from the sound of it, its definitely not...

Don't know, still like the idea of business hotels....

EDIT: I stayed at Yokohama Super Hotel with a friend of mine back in 2007. We paid about 9000 yen for a night there, so it average out to be 4500 yen... the place was really really clean, we have a queensize bed plus a bunk above it, its not the biggest room, but definitely one of the cleanest business hotel i've stayed at... have a look: https://hotel.reservation.jp/superho...rvationtop.asp
I stayed at one place in Tokyo, I want to say Ueno, and it was a really spacious place calling itself a business hotel. The room had two queen size beds and plenty of space. I think it was as nice as it was because it was about a 20 minute walk from the station on the other side of the park. During the same trip we stayed in another business hotel that said they could put up to three in a room... that was assuming everyone intended to float about the bed and two cots that took up all floor space in the room. Thankfully that was just for one night.

The bottom line is, know what you are getting into. A month is a LONG time.