(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-15-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I will take this opportunity to give on caveat on this idea. One thing I noticed with people moving into weekly mansions. hostels, business hotels, etc. for more than a few days at a time is that the amount of space given is too small to be comfortable. I thought my 6-jo one-room mansion was small, but it was paradise compared to the closet sized space given at some "short-term" rentals. I stayed the night at one friends weekly mansion for a weekend. It was supposedly designed for two people, but was smaller than my tiny solo apartment. By the end of the weekend we were on each other's nerves, just from forcibly invading each other's personal space. It was a unique situation, as neither of us knew we had "personal space" that could be invaded to such a level of annoyance.

I can't imagine wanting to share that level of cramped space with a stranger, much less a good friend. Proceed with caution.
Sounds like your friend got a very very poor deal.

Leo Palace is generally fairly large - I have yet to encounter one that is smaller than a 6-jo. (And most I`ve seen at that size have a loft.) Don`t discount all weekly/monthly rentals based on one horrid experience. Whenever I have people visit, I put them up in a Leo Palace place. It`s not hard to find large rooms that work well to accommodate multiple people.

However, if you`re just poking around on the net for short-term rentals for foreigners - well, that`s an entirely different market... Full of closets, old houses bought by enterprising foreigners and split into countless tiny tiny rooms, and incredibly overpriced normal rooms to take advantage of people who can`t read enough Japanese to know they`re being ripped off.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.