View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Caspar (Offline)
New to JF

06-18-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I have been a student of Japanese for over 20 years, and I doubt I could pass any university exam worth its beans.

It takes approximately three times as long for an English speaker to learn Japanese as it does another romance language. Could you realistically learn enough French in 6 months, starting from scratch, to enter a university?

If someone told me they could teach me enough Japanese in 1.5 years to be not only fluent, but intelligent enough to pass a university exam, I would be very suspicious. Why does it take Japanese natives 12 years of education to get to that level, if Nippon Center can do it in 18 months?
MMM i will never question you because you're few of those forum members that knows what is what, and i already read your posts in other threads i know you're right and i respect you.
I'm not saying that nihongo centre will teach me "perfect" japanese in 2 years or 3, it's just what they said and if thats not right than it's no problem, than if i'll could not get in the University in the 3th year, i will study another year and another year. I will try as long as it needs because i want to get into university very very much, but it's not my main goal, so i can wait as long as it takes