View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-11-2011, 10:36 AM

Thank you very much, dogsbody70, for your kind lecture and correction.
I’ll try to re-write them.

This is a portrait-view photo of a man fishing by the urban city river. He's standing on the pavement by the river, and is holding a surf casting rod and is fishing right now.

He's holding a bag over his shoulder, but there is no fish container to be seen and I wonder if he's actually caught any fish.

On the opposite side of the river, I can see the high concrete bank. The water level seems relatively low.
Next to the river, there is a road with heavy traffic.
In the background, there is a big building covered with glass, through which we can see the reflection of buildings behind the photographer.
Maybe it is unusual to see anyone fishing in this urban city, but people doing unexpected things or activities is normal in a large city.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

>>My Japanese friend used to tell me that too many rivers in Japan have concrete banks rather than natural grass river banks.

It is true in urban area in Japan, yet we can see natural things in rural towns and country-settings even today.

When I was younger, about 30 years ago, there were natural rivers even in urban area, and in the rainy season, we experienced flood coming from the natural rivers, once or twice a year.

Thanks to the embankment works, we seldom experience flood in the urban city now, though the beautiful scenery has ruined with the artificial rivers.

Last edited by Supperman : 07-11-2011 at 10:38 AM.