View Single Post
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
He taught me to play chess although anyone can beat me at chess. Nowadays with talking books and cassettes plus modern methods, talking books are easily available for those who do not read braille or Moon.
This makes me wonder about the system in Japanese language. what reading system is there for Japanese people who are visually impaired?

Moon type - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Braille Alphabet and Braille Code

Japanese braille - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I know a man, who is visually impaired, has a wrist watch that can tell the time if he touch its button.

The braille I saw in the elevator is exactly the same as in "Braille Alphabet and Braille Code".

Oh, I remember one thing which annoys the visually impaired people.

They used to listen to TV programs using radio. Because the TV broadcasting and radio broadcasting use the same electrical waves.
But in Japan, all TV broadcasting will have switched to the terrestrial digital broadcasting service completely on July 24th, which is the day after tomorrow!
It can provide much clearer vision.
Yet, I too had to endure the great expense to buy a new TV-set.
Unless I get a new TV-set, I will be unable to watch TV after the day after tomorrow.

BTW, the terrestrial digital broadcasting service uses completely different waves from the former waves, though I'm not sure about electricity things.
The visually handicapped people will no longer be able to listen to TV program on radio, after the day after tomorrow!
They have to buy a new expensive TV-set, though they don't need the clearer vision.
What an ironical thing it is!

Last edited by Supperman : 07-21-2011 at 09:37 AM.