Old
Kuuzoku (Offline)
New to JF

07-27-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperman View Post
No.15 Okinawa beach
http://okinawa.from.tv/images/hp-kan...isure3003a.jpg

This is a beautiful scene of an Okinawa beach. The color of the sea is very unique and beautiful. I've gone to Okinawa, Guam and Hawaii, yet I think THE Okinawa sea coast it IS the best, when I talk about the color of them. (A little more natural way to say this is "...yet I think the Okinawa sea coast is the best in regards to color.)The color of THE sea is just the AN ordinary color at IN Guam or Hawaii. Yet, Okinawa's sea color is quite different.

I think of why.
When a sea is deep enough, the color is the same. It is mainly the reflection of the sky. When the sky is blue, the sea is marine blue (deeper blue), because the deeper portion of the sea is black, so the sea's color must be deeper than the sky's.

When the sky is cloudy, the sea becomes gray too.
When the sky is black (at night), the sea becomes black too.

Yet, things becomes different when it comes to A beach coast. The color of a sea is the combination of the sea color and the sand's color. Under ordinary circumstances, the color of sand is yellowish, so the color of the beach coast becomes "green" color. To the contrary, Okinawa's sand is whitish, and a little yellowish, and the sea color becomes A very light blue and green color.

I don't know why THE Okinawa's sand color is so white. Probably the coral species are different from other places.

Going back to the photo description;
In the background, there is a large hotel, which is probably Manza hotel, which is a very famous hotel. So the beach is Manza beach, I assume.

There are people enjoying marine activities.
Nice description, Supperman. The water in this pic reminded me a little of the Florida Keys. Both are very clear. Oh yeah, just in case my coloring code confuses you, red=delete, green=add.

Native English speaker currently learning Japanese. (日本語を勉強しているネイティブ)

Last edited by Kuuzoku : 07-27-2011 at 04:53 AM.