View Single Post
(#111 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-27-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperman View Post
Thank you, dogsbody70, for your comment.
And I don't want you to be displeased with my AE spelling.

This was not MY choice. There was no choice.
After the WWII, in Japan, every junior high school and high school teachers must teach American English. All textbooks are written in AE.
Maybe, MacArthur (GHQ) 's choice.
So I've learned (not learnt) American English, and its spellings.

And one more thing is that the spellchecker of Firefox always (DIRECTS) OR SUGGESTS correctS AMERICAN VERSIONS.me to use the American spellings.
The spellchecker might be stupid, rather than clever?? I also have a spell checker that suggests Americanised spellingI know not a few Japanese people admire the Queen's English, though.
Such people tend to go to the UK, I think. (DO you mean "Quite a Few?" Rather than (not a few) I doubt we would say Not a Few. either a FEW people or Not Many PeopleI want to go to the UK too, especially to the Wimbledon, because I'm a tennis player, oops, was a tennis player, when I was not fatty.
I hope you get your wish to come to UK.

I admired your Japanese tennis player who although she did not win-- played like a little Tiger-- she was magnificent in her efforts to beat her opponent. sadly I have forgotten her name, but I was really impressed with her determination and True Grit. Ah she was--Kimiko Date-Krumm.

Hi again Supperman, of course I see now (Understand) why you use the American English-- that does make a lot of sense.

I hope you don't mind my personal use and love of the original British English although I can also see why Americans simplified the spellings.

Much of our spelling is difficult even for We natives.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 07-27-2011 at 12:05 PM.