View Single Post
(#91 (permalink))
Old
phoenixeyes (Offline)
New to JF

08-03-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
The more time passes the more older folk there will be into anime/manga, for the same reason that my 60 year old aunt still loves Elvis, we just take these things with us.
I am lucky enough to have made it to 31, and introduced our 8 year old to age appropriate things as time has passed, as I wanted her to appreciate the anime is in itself an art form. My husband was always sceptical of these things, until we went to see Spirited Away and he couldn't take his eyes of it, said how beatiful it was and how high the quality of the art work was compared to many films out there.

The story lines and images used in much of the manga/anime we love has so much more quality to it than soap operas and reality shows and much of the other crap that 'adults' watch, so who cares what anyone thinks!
Amen to that. I am twenty-nine and I have no intention of stopping now because I have loved anime since I first saw Ronin Warriors and read Tokyo Pop when they were only starting out. My best friend caught the fever from me and passed it to her step brother. Right now I am working on my husband but my stepson now recommends series to me. It's truly beautiful when you can take a thing you love and watch it grow as you age.