View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JoinTeamSammy (Offline)
New to JF

my journey begins in japan :) - 08-14-2011, 11:43 PM

Hey guys I’m planning on moving to Tokyo japan around 2013 and I definitely in need of suggestions while I’m preparing… I know there’s a lot of talk about visas and I’m a little worried about that… I am currently saving my money as much as I can till the move out.

Right now I’m currently living in America and have a US passport. I’m also self-employed with a home based business. I’m currently earning 1000 per sale. The pay is great and saving as much as I can to provide for costs of passports and such in Tokyo. So yeah that’s sort of my job and I love what I’m doing. The thing is do I need to get a job in Tokyo even tho I have a home based business?

Can you guys explain to me what to do since I’m doing the best I can here in the states? My situation living here at the states is ok but not my ideal place to live. When I read or seen videos about japan I felt that I can live there. I know my heart is set for Tokyo and I’m already aware the do’s and don’ts in japan and of course the depression and suicides.. I’m trying to avoid those when living there. So yeah it’s not easy but I can manage. Other than that I think Tokyo is better place to live in my opinion.

For couple of days now I’m self-learning about japan learning about the culture and there background. It’s very overwhelming to learn but at the same time I’m so hooked on to it like I want to learn more about this country. It just gave me this passion to keep learning. The hardest part is the language and I want to learn it. I have heard that you need a native Japanese person to hang around with you at all times because it can help you to teach the movements the adjustments and such. If that’s true then I might have a problem with that. Is there any way to learn by yourself? I’m really dedicated to do this because I want to move here so bad. This is what I want and ill study my ass off if I have too…

I know my questions can be out of place so hope you guys forgive me. Thanks guys… and if my grammar sucks lol forgive me for that too ^^