View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JoinTeamSammy (Offline)
New to JF

08-15-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
If you took offense from my post, then I apologize. I just wanted you to realize you have a long way to go and it's not going to be easy. And you'll find there are others here who also believe it's going to be hard and are going to express their feelings about it.

Have you read any of the other threads from people, like you, who want to move to Japan? There are quite a few here. Perhaps you can do a search and see for yourself what you're up against. Have you ever been to Japan, even on a vacation? What you see on television and what you see when you get there aren't necessarily the same thing.

I'm not making fun of you, really.... It's just that I've seen this many times here in the year I've been on. People don't know what it takes to make it there and think they can just plant themselves there and that's it. Also, they believe that Japan is the answer to their worries and that's it's a Utopia for them.

I would suggest you search this forum for the I want to live in Japan threads and see what I mean.
thanks.. yes im aware some of the issues. thats why im planning on a vacation for 2 weeks next year. so i can get a good feel on what to expect out of it. i just need some suggestions on what to do next. i know that most of you foreigner that lives in japan are tired of hearing it but i want to speak my mind and tell my side of the story and see if i make it here in japan.. for me is all about living life and i want to take it up a notch and just go for it. im doing fine financially i just need suggestion.. ill definitely take your advice tho