View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Otariman (Offline)
New to JF

Interac Random Drug Testing - 08-17-2011, 10:25 AM

So, I've been legally smoking medicinal marijuana for years, but I've since quit to move to Japan. I absolutely will not touch the stuff while in Japan, so that is no concern. However, Interac's guidelines state that I may receive a random drug test during my employment term.

Has anyone else (any other smoker) gone through Interac after quitting and been okay? I know the stuff isn't out of my system yet, and I don't know whether or not they'll actually test me, if they'll test as soon as orientation, etc. I do know that I will have a health check towards the end of orientation, and it will include a UA...

It seems like they'd lose A LOT of time, money, and contracts if they tested people after they arrived; so I am doubting it... Also, most forums seem to agree that dispatch companies don't test at all... Furthermore, it'd be a bit silly not to employ someone due to an "illegal" drug that has been legally and medicinally prescribed in their home state...

I don't need any of the "You're a druggie; don't come to Japan" comments... I'm not even close. I used medicinally, and I obviously love Japan enough to quit... So help and experiences would be much appreciated... Thanks in advance!